This Date in Team History, of which they are 5-5 all-time
- 2000 - Steve Trachsel delivers what is still the best opening day start in team history as he hurls seven shutout innings against the Twins. Meanwhile Gerald Williams connects on the very first pitch of the game for a homer and the Devil Rays go on to a 7-0 victory.
- 2002 - Following a pitching duel between Steve Sparks and Paul Wilson in which both hurlers pitched into the eighth inning. The game was tied at one, when in the bottom of the 12th, the bases were loaded with none out allowing Randy Winn to play the role of the hero as he laced a single into left giving the Devil Rays a walk-off victory.
- 2004 - The lone player acquired in the three person deal that sent Randy Winn to Seattle for Lou Pinella, Antonio Perez is traded once again. This time to the Dodgers for Jason Romano.
- 2005 - Alex Sanchez becomes the first player in MLB history to be suspended for PED usage. His sentence was just 10 games.
- 2013 - Trailing 4-0 in the sixth at home against Baltimore, Tampa Bay strings together a rally, punctuated by Shelly Duncan's three home run to tie the game. The two teams would trade the lead back and forth with Baltimore tying the game in the ninth. However, one batter into the bottom half and the Rays would be winners at Matt Joyce launched a walkoff home run, giving the Rays a 8-7 victory.
- MLB.com offers their preview of today's game.
- Logan Morrison knows he has some big shoes to fill in the defensive department, but thinks he should be held in high regards. Speaking of James Loney, the Rays have until noon to decide what to do with him.
- Sports Talk Florida has five bold predictions for the Rays season.
- The Diamondbacks suffered a major blow on their final day of spring training.
- Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice, these are the ingredients needed to make...perfect athletes?
- Former Rays in the News