Always nice of the Blue Jays to come into town to reawaken their bats. The Rays meanwhile are still struggling to score runs since returning back to the Trop as they've scored just seven times over the past four games, with just two runs over their last two.
Rays (as well as Ex-Rays) Links
- Chris Archer is excited to start utilizing his change-up more.
- Kevin Cash was ejected for the first time in 2016 last night, and the fourth of his managerial career.
- Gary 'Chet 'The Rocket' Steadman' Busey threw out the ceremonial first pitch before last night's game.
- Grant Balfour last pitched a major league game, just over a year ago. He officially announced his retirement yesterday
- Sam Fuld will miss the rest of the season as he'll undergo shoulder surgery in mid-May
Dee Gordon PED Suspension Reactions
- Dee Gordon is Dirty, and Everything is a Lie
- No, Barry Bonds didn't have anything to do with Gordon's suspension
- MLB Players Could Push for Harsher PED Suspensions
- What more can MLB and the MLBPA do about PEDs?
- Someone decided it'd be a good idea to steal a 14ft cutout of a Royals player off a billboard...only to realize it was a bad idea and leave it in the woods
- The Braves are terribad, and it's not completely the fault of their manager, Fredi Gonzalez, but he's still likely to be cut loose from the team.
- Yesterday, and later today, MLB Plus will be making/made its debut, a broadcast featuring statcast and other analytical statistical devices. One member of the broadcast will be former Rays playoff hero, and member of the best trades in team history, Fernando Perez.
- The Brewers came within three outs of being no-hit, but the pitcher who had done most of the work had been substituted out of the game already by the point. Also, they turned a triple play, so certainly an eventful night.