Do you love or hate unwritten rules and retaliation in baseball? I make my own case for why it's old, dumb, and needs to be put out to pasture, and Bautista should have been gone for longer than just one game.
Plus much more!
- When does Mikie Mahtook get the call?
- Why did the Rays go with Taylor Motter over Nick Franklin? Does this mean anything about Franklin's future with the team?
- Who is the Rays current most hated rival? (I think we all know the answer to this one)
- When might we see Neil Wagner get his call up back to the majors?
- Is Taylor Motter for real? And how long will he stay on the big league club?
- Lots of Bautista slide talk and bean ball retaliation.
- Should high ceiling, young players be allowed to play everyday and not be put into platoons early on? Could being a "platoon player" have a negative impact on a young player's confidence?
- Why didn't Cash leave Miller in to try for the HR and the Cycle?
- How exactly do Rays fans react to having a really good, not embarrassing offense?
- What is the number-one thing the Rays could do to improve attendance (that doesn't involve moving)?
- How is Jamie Shultz doing and what's his future role?
- Is HBP the new pitch framing? And is Guyer intentionally trying to get hit?