The Rays only managed two home runs yesterday night in Detroit meaning they dropped their homer per game ratio from 2.07 to 2.06...clearly the sky is falling.
On a serious note, the Rays already have 60 homers, matching their previous franchise low for home runs during the first half of the season as the 1998 Devil Rays only must 60 over their first 86 games -- the 2016 Rays have only played 39.
- The Rays officially announced they have once again signed JP Arencibia to a minor league deal and assigned him to Triple-A Durham. In a corresponding move, the Rays released Carlos Corporan
- Topkin preview today's matchup
- Neil Solondz offers up his post game notes
- USA Today says that Evan Longoria is still the face of the Rays franchise
- The Process Report looks at the Rays after 38 games
Around the League:
- Tim Lincecum has finally found a home as the Los Angeles Angels signed the former ace to a major league deal
- Matt Harvey has pitched so poorly this season that the Mets faithful have begun to boo their former star
- The poor Oakland Athletics have lost one of their best players as Josh Reddick will be out for close to two months