- Topkin's write-up features some excellent quotes from Chris Archer and Corey Dickerson
- Beyond the Boxscore looks at some top prospects are ready to make the jump to the majors with a certain phenomenal southpaw making an appearance
- Fangraphs had a lengthy, quality interview with Jeremy Sowers about his path to joining the Rays organization and heading up the instant replay efforts.
- Although he's struggled so far on 2016, Taylor Motter is still having a blast and the a local news station in Durham proved that as he was mic'd up during a game
- The Rays will bump Matt Moore's start to Monday against Seattle, with Matt Andriese being called up to make the start on Sunday.
.@BrandonGuyer is the first player since @baseball_ref data is available (1913) with 9 HBP in his first 17 G played in a season.— Dave Haller (@HallerDave) May 7, 2016
Teams with fewer HBP this year than @BrandonGuyer (9): LAA, MIA, CIN, DET, NYY, SD, BOS, KC, PHI, SF, OAK, BAL, MIL, CLE, COL.— Dave Haller (@HallerDave) May 7, 2016
Around the League:
- A newspaper had a typo on the word 'shifts'....and now it's saved forever on the interwebs
- Yasiel Puig showed off his arm once again, or #PuigCannon
- Miguel Cabrera decided to give a fan his warm embrace after chasing a ball that landed out of play.
- Grant Brisbee took a look at how depressing it is for the Angels right now.
- So, with the Angels pending doom, Mike Trout trade rumors/nonsense are heating back up.
- Angels fans do have something they can cling to for happiness though and that's a new Guinness World Record for taking the most selfies using selfie sticks simultaneously
- A look at this year's class of international free agents and where they could land
- Things got heated between the Tigers and White Sox as the benches emptied late in the game.