Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms out there.
*Personal shout out to my own mother, Stacey, and my wife, Victoria, who are both terrific moms. I love you both, thanks for all you've done and what you will continue to do. My siblings and I, as well as my daughter are so incredibly fortunate have raised and nurtured by you both. Again, thank you.
- Topkin looks back at the Rays 2008 roster and checks where they are now. Aki is apparentky a player/manager in Japan...I miss Aki
- The Rays designated Jhan Marinez for assignment and recalled Matt Andriese to make today's start
- Brandon Guyer currently leads the majors with nine HBP, and a 15.5 HBP% -- no one is remotely close to that -- but he swears he doesn't attempt to get hit.
- Topkin also decides to reopen the Buster Posey wound and writes about the Rays struggles to find good catchers
- Steve Kinsella offers up some notes on the Rays victory
Great story:#Rays Matt Andriese starts tomorrow on Mother's Day. His mom Lynn will see him pitch in an MLB game in person for the 1st time.— Neil Solondz (@neilsolondz) May 7, 2016
Around the League:
- Bartolo Colon ignited euphoria all around baseballdom as he launched his first career homer off of James Yields
- The Dodgers are contemplating calling up the 2nd best left-handed pitching prospect in baseball, Julio Urias, to use as a weapon from the bullpen
- On Friday night, Giancarlo Stanton demolished what is now the furthest home run of the season
- In the minor leagues, Joey Gallo launched a home run that an outfielder didn't even bother to move from his position
- The Zika Virus has led to the cancellation of the game that was supposed to be held in Puerto Rico
- Aaron Hill mashed three home runs last night including an extra inning grand slam