Following yesterday’s victory of the Houston Astros, the Kevin Cash announced that top prospect, Blake Snell, would make his second career start on Thursday against the Mariners and kind of surprisingly, Matt Andriese would be moving to the bullpen.
The Rays have yet to announce the corresponding roster move as it will be made either immediately following Wednesday’s game or Thursday afternoon. The decision will either be between Dana Eveland or Ryan Garton, as the Eveland would have to be designated for assignment, while Garton can be optioned back down to Durham.
- Roger Mooney has more on the Rays promoting top prospect, Blake Snell.
- Topkin checks in on some former Rays and how they’ve performed with their new clubs. He also shared this interesting tidbit
"Ex-Ray Aubrey Huff is finishing up what sounds like an interesting book, Invincible, that details not only his baseball career but his battles with anxiety, depression and addiction"
- Sports Talk Florida’s post game notes on the Rays victory.
- The Tampa Bay Times offers bios of each player drafted by the Rays
- Speaking of the draft, as of the now, the Rays haven’t signed any of them...but Rob Metzler is hoping that changes over the coming days
Around the League:
- Keep track of all the draft signings throughout baseball with MLB Daily Dish’s draft tracker
- The Yankees have signed Ike Davis to a minor league deal.
- Juan Uribe had one of the most frightening baseball moments imaginable yesterday as a Mike Trout grounder — hit at over 100mph — found it’s way to an unforiving area...Uribe would be carted off the field