- Steven Souza added Jr. to his name to honor his father
- Evan Longoria is still sore, but he’s been dealing with his forearm issue for awhile now and certainly isn’t impacting his performance.
- The Rays just took a series against the Mariners and are set for possibly the most pivotal part of their season as they engage with several of the top teams in the league.
- The nine days of rest certainly worked wonders for Drew Smyly as he delivered a stellar performance on Wednesday night.
- Ryan Garton was excellent yesterday in relief of Snell, but that resulted in the Rays needing a fresh arm...so sorry Garton
- Kevin Cash answered whether or not they’ll stick with Blake Snell in the rotation
#Rays Cash said Snell will stay in rotation, so should start next Tuesday in Cleveland— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) June 16, 2016
#Rays Souza says he will get cortisone injection in his sore hip, hopes to be back in minimum 2 weeks— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) June 16, 2016
Cash said team expects Souza to miss right around 15 days, Guyer will start running at some point this weekend but not return when eligible.— Matt Stein (@MattSteinSTF) June 16, 2016
Around the League:
- The Yankees selected Tim Lynch during the ninth round of the draft...an avid baseball card collector and autograph hunter
- Jimmy Rollins, Carl Crawford, and Jose Reyes have all been DFA’d...it’s that time of year for veteran ballplayers.
- The Cubs promoted one of their top prospects, Wilson Contreras
- The sad story of David Wright’s career could be close to its as he may be out for the season as he’ll undergo neck surgery.
- Ichiro has surpassed Pete Rose’s career hit mark if you combine his years from Japan and the states