Last night, in front of over 40,000 people, the Rays did not have their best game.
The Giants showed why they’re leading the NL West as they capitalized on every opportunity given to them and Jeff Samardzija (their third best pitcher)
shutout the Rays on only three hits.
Brad Miller ruined the lines above with a gravity defying opposite field home run that completely made the kids’ days who caught it.
Anyway, the Rays still lost 5-1.
- The Rays promoted Steve Geltz back up to the majors, he’d pitch a 1-2-3 ninth inning last night
- The Rays signed their first two selections, Josh Lowe and Ryan Boldt in the 2016 draft.
Hearing #Rays deal with No. 1 Josh Lowe is for under pick value of $3,098,900— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) June 17, 2016
- An old arm from the Rays farm will start later today against Tampa Bay
Around the League:
- Wil Myers is off to a fantastic start for the Padres...which means he may be traded yet again.
- Before his series against the Rays, Danny Valencia was a league average bat. Since that series, he’s been one of the best bats in the league and is now a prime trade candidate.
- Pedro Alvarez destoryed a reporter’s laptop
- The Blue Jays will be without Jose Bautista for a couple of weeks due to a stubbed toe
Also, the answer to yesterday’s trivia was Aubrey Huff you monsters