- JT states that the Rays bullpen is much better than it’s being perceived as
- Andy Sonnanstine is trying to resurrect his career by adding the knuckleball to his repertoire.
- The Rays acquired Eury Perez from the Houston Astros for cash considerations, they have assigned him to the Durham Bulls
- Topkin gives updates on the Rays draft signings and players on the disabled list.
- J.P. Arencibia is back in the Rays organization, much to the joy of his teammates and himself, with Blake Snell providing this quote.
“I think he brings the bulldog out of me more,” Snell said. “When I pitch to him, I’m more aggressive. It’s the same with Luke [Maile], too. They say the same things, and they know how to say it. [Arencibia] knows what to say in the moment and it really helps me be that much better on the field.”
- Minor League promotions!
- Former Rays prospect, Boog Powell, has been suspended 80 games due to a positive PED test. This is his second long term suspension, as he also received 50 games for testing positive for a banned substance a few years ago.
- B.J. Upton is having a decent year after returning to prominence last season, and he attributes it to his new environment.
- Why Ozzie Guillen is being blacklisted from any managerial jobs
Around the League:
- The Marlins are interested in plenty of starting pitchers, including Jake Odorizzi.
- The Rangers are having excellent season, record wise, but their starting rotation is in shambles.
- Noah Syndergaard gave everyone in Mets land a scare, but a MRI revealed no structural damage to his shoulder
- Poor Nationals outfielder, Michael Taylor, had a horrible, awful, no good, very bad night on Wednesday.