- Some have been asking about the status of Garrett Whitley and Chris Betts, Neil Solondz will have both of them today on his weekly "This Week in Rays Baseball"
- Topkin brings up five things the Rays need to do in order to turn their season around.
- Jonny Venters made his return to a professional pitching mound last night, with Lizzie providing reports that he was in the low 90's
#Rays LHP Jonny Venters pitches one scoreless inning in first regular season outing since 10/3/12: 0 H, 2 BB, 1 K on 24 pitches, 11 strikes.— Josh Vitale (@JoshVitale) June 5, 2016
- Steve Kinsella has more on the above over at Sports Talk Florida
- Nick Franklin, who has struggled for most of his Rays tenure, is riding a hot streak in Durham that may seem him receive one last chance with the Rays.
- Topkin looks back at the Rays draft history over the past 10 years and whether they should have drafted differently
- The Process Report examines how the Rays offense has performed after two months.
Around the League:
- One of the greatest players in franchise history, both in terms of on-and-off the field production, James Shields is heading back to the American League as the Padres have traded to him the Chicago White Sox.
- Mark Teixeira has been placed on the disabled list and now he may be out for the rest of the season
- In an alternate history timeline, Tom Brady would have been greasing up baseballs instead of deflating footballs
- Marlon Byrd was recently suspended for a full 162 games due to failing another drug test, but there will always be more like him willing to cheat in order to receive higher paydays