Offense seemed to take a day off with Longoria, totaling just 3 hits. 1 of those hits came from Desmond Jennings. After having himself a fantastic night yesterday, Desmond Jennings quickly continued doing "good DJ things" with a Kiermaier-esc leaping catch.
DES!— #VoteRays (@RaysBaseball) June 8, 2016
Diving catch ends the @dbacks 2nd!
His snag in the first = solid. #RaysUp
WATCH: https://t.co/iyaj8tQYOB pic.twitter.com/fVGIWVBaxT
Also, DJ wasn't finished flashing the leather.
Can't hit them by @d_jennings8 tonight. #RaysUp— #VoteRays (@RaysBaseball) June 8, 2016
WATCH: https://t.co/Q9SMfFZyUA pic.twitter.com/WZvl7IEasb
Damn it feels good to see a Rays centerfielder do that again.
- Steve Kinsella has a nice write up on Daniel Robertson and his potential to help upgrade the Rays shortstop defense in the future.
- The NCAA has a new rule allowing high school players to hire an agent to represent them through the draft process. Yet, college juniors are still not allowed representation. Because it's the NCAA and the will only allow only so much freedom to athletes.
- Beyond the Box Score's carltriano has an MLB mock draft to help build that hype for tomorrow's 1st round (where the Rays will be picking 13th).
- Another baseball brawl, this time with a different AL East team (Baltimore). After being plunked in the ribs, Manny Machado charged KC's Yordano Ventura, hats and helmets were thrown down, a solid punch and takedown from Machado, benches cleared, all sorts of shenanigans!
- Finally, the Rays are adding to their Star Wars night at the Trop festivities, with Chewbacca Mom set to throw out the first pitch. Of course, there's also this awesome Archer bobblehead giveaway too: