- Prior to last night’s loss to the Orioles, the Rays made a couple of roster moves as they officially signed Kevin Jepsen, activated Kevin Kiermaier, and promoted Luke Maile, while the trio of Ryan Garton, Tyler Sturdevent, and Luke Maile were sent to Durham.
- Steve Pearce was scheduled to begin his rehab assignment with Port Charlptte yesterday, but the game was rained out
- Topkin has notes on Kiermaier and Jepsen’s returns, the trade market, and injury updates
- What do Rays players have to play for? Perhaps the opportunity to be traded to a contender
- Check out how Jaime Schultz prepares for each one of his starts
- The Rays 2014 first round selection, Casey Gillaspie was promoted to Triple-A Durham.
- This is fun.
The Rays are mired in a 3-23 stretch. The last AL team to do that was the 2003 Tigers, who finished 43-119.— Sam Blum (@SamBlum3) July 16, 2016
Rays hold a lot of power on this trade market. Teams inquiring on their SPs, per sources: CHC, TEX, LAD, PIT, NYY, HOU, TOR, BAL, DET.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) July 15, 2016
Around the League:
- The Boston Red Sox made a deal, acquiring all-star Drew Pomeranz from the Padres for a top prospect, Anderson Espinoza
- The Astros signed one of the Gurriel brothers (Yulieski). He’ll likely spend a month in the minors and then join Houston