Haha. You clicked. Probably they won’t. Not an amazing fit. But a big name player and a popular team!
The Rays lost again last night, but at least they’ll get Steve Pearce back.
#Rays option Franklin to AAA, will activate Pearce on Tuesday— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) July 19, 2016
But let’s stay positive and get in a bit of trivia from the Rays twitter. Last night, with two triples by Evan Longoria and one by Tim Beckham, was the first three-triple Rays game since 2009. Who for the Rays hit them on July 31, 2009? (answer at bottom)
- Sam Blum of MLB.com wrote about Chase Whitley’s first rehab start.
- Aroldis Chapman threw a 105 mph pitch.
- John Paul Morosi asked whether or not the Dodgers might trade for Evan Longoria, and in the final analysis, the answer is “probably not, but it does make a good SEO headline.” Danny will give a deeper analysis of this rumor shortly, with more facts and less snark.
- Shane Tourtellotte took a deep dive into steals of home. Melvin Upton Jr. figures high on the list.
- From Carleton, sequencing of pitchers doesn’t really matter.
- What’s going to happen to the ex-Cardinals scouting director implicated in the Astros “hacking” scandal? Jail. Years of jail.