The Rays have lost 19 of their past 22 games. That is the worst stretch of games in franchise history. Meaning that not one single team prior to the team’s transformation following 2007, was this bad. Not the original team in 1998, not the teams that were pretty much tanking from 2006 to 2007, and not even the team that lost 15 games in a row had a stretch of games that were as bad as the Rays are doing currently in 2016.
- The Process Report took a look at the Rays trade assets
- TPR also took a look at the Rays laughably awful defense...is laughably the right word?
- Screwball extraordinaire, Brent Honeywell is on his way to the Montgomery Biscuits
- Jeff Sullivan has a trade piece on Matt Moore over at Fangraphs
Around the League:
- The Boston Red Sox made a trade as they acquired Aaron Hill from the Milwaukee Brewers for two minor leaguers
- Carlos Gonzalez wants out of Colorado
- MLB has announced the players who will be partaking in the annual home run derby, with former Rays Rookie of the Year, Wil Myers being among them
- Matt Harvey is back on the disabled list for the New York Mets