Yesterday, Brad Miller backed up Chris Archer’s strong start with yet another home run. Jason Collette analyzed his power surge.
Miller himself talked about his changes and his success on Rays Radio.
Also speaking with Rays Radio, Chris Archer summed up Miller: “He’s legit.”
In the Rays Radio article, there’s also audio from Nick Franklin and form Kevin Kiermaier. Franklin was removed from the game after being hit in the head by Kiermaier’s backswing in the on-deck circle. Watch the video, if you missed it. It’s weird.
- Rays fans will be able to lock in their season ticket prices for the next to years.
- Chase Whitley was activated off the disabled list and sent to Double-A to get more time.
- Danny Farquhar plays a mean center field, but Kevin Kiermaier makes sure to let Farquhar know that he (KK) is better.
- From Beyond the Box Score: Hard-hit rate doesn’t actually correlate that closely with wOBA.
- From The Hardball Times: On the relationship between exit velocity, launch angle, and results.