- Last night, the Rays suffered a 6-2 loss to the Twins thanks to a couple of late inning home runs off of Erasmo Ramirez. Blake Snell was solid, but once again he failed to pitch deep into the game as he departed in the sixth inning. Brad Miller continued his tear as he belted his career high, 20th homer.
- Neil Solondz post game recap with audio from Blake Snell and Kevin Cash
- Also following last night’s game, Enny Romero was placed on the disabled list and Danny Farquhar was recalled from Durham
- Bobby Wilson is happy to be rejoining the Rays
- Andres Reiner passed away, the man who led the way in Venezuelan scouting paving a pathway for several notable players and baseball personnel
- The Rays may be calling shenanigans on the Giants as Lucius Fox had an undisclosed injury prior to being traded. This injury may keep the young prospect shelved for the rest of the season
Around the League:
- Mark Teixeira made a surprising announcement yesterday as he stated he’ll retire at the end of the season
- Trading season isn’t over yet as the waiver deadline is August 31st. Who might be dealt between now and then?
Oswaldo Arcia’s brother, Orlando Arcia, just recorded his first major league hit. He was then awarded an extra base as the Diamondbacks delivered the ball to the Milwaukee dugout before calling timeout