- Matt Andriese was very effective yesterday overcoming his past two dreadful outings, while the Rays blasted three home runs courtesy of Brad Miller, Logan Forsythe, and Corey Dickerson. The Rays are on the verge of having four players with at least 20 home runs, something they’ve never had before.
- Stu Sternberg spoke to Topkin prior to yesterday’s game, and the Rays owner didn’t sound too confident about the Rays turning things around in 2017
- Dana Eveland is back! But he is now Dana Eveland 17.0 as the Rays announced they designated Tyler Sturdevant for assignment and selected Eveland from Durham.
- Logan Morrison’s 2016 campaign may be over after injuring his wrist during a plate appearance yesterday
- Chase Whitley made his Rays debut yesterday afternoon, completing his 480+ day trek back to the major leagues after under going Tommy John Surgery
- Jared Sandberg was the Rays starting third baseman at Yankee Stadium during the first game there after the 9/11 attacks and he reflects upon that
Around the League:
- The Oakland Athletics released Billy Butler yesterday, they’ll be on the hook for around $12 million next season owed to Butler
- Every game played yesterday had several tributes to remember September 11th, 2001
- One of the games most beloved players may have played his final game