Boston Red Sox won again last night, their ninth straight victory in a row as they're coming off of back-to-back four game sweeps. The scoring was done after the first two innings as two home runs accounted for each run scored. David Ortiz launched a two run shot in the first that hit the catwalk, while Mikie Mahtook hooked a ball down the left field line for a solo home run in the second.
Chris Archer got saddled with his, now franchise record, 19th loss of the season, despite pitching rather well, allowing the one mistake pitch for a homer.
- Tampa Bay sports writers named their team award winners, with Evan Longoria and Blake Snell receiving the major league honors. They also named a contingent of Rays prospects
- Juniel Querecuto has been all around the Rays system, having been with the team for seven years. He finally made his major league debut this past week, and it's all thanks to his versatility...and some other things, involving other players
- Chris Archer is pleased the Rays are choosing to honor David Ortiz
- I am very displeased the Rays are choosing to honor David Ortiz
Around the League:
- Possible future Rays catcher, may have altered his destiny by tweeting dumb and asinine things
- The Texas Ranges clinched the American League West Division last night