- The Tampa Bay rays suffered another walk off loss at the hands of Tyler Austin and the New York Yankees as they fell 5-4. Kevin Kiermaier and Steven Souza had multi-homerun days, but each blast were of the solo variety and accounted for all of the Rays runs.
- Brad Miller left the game after being hit on the funny bone by a pitch in the first inning. Kevin Cash says Miller should be back in the starting lineup for tonight’s game
- The Rays are in position to be a spoiler for other teams in the division
- Matt Duffy has been shutdown so the Rays, instead of promoting Tim Beckham or Taylor Motter, they signed Alexei Ramirez who went 1-3 in his debut
- Yesterday was Chad Mottola’s first day as the Rays new hitting coach and he debuted his new style
Around the League:
- The New York Mets signed Tim Tebow to a minor league deal, giving him a ludicrous $100K signing bonus
- What are the odds of the former Heisman winner actually reaching the majors?
- Steven Strasburg has been diagnosed with a flexor strain
- This Pirates pitcher ended his major league debut in Hollywood fashion as he went into the seats to be serenaded by his father, wife, and child
- It’s been this kind of season for the Cleveland Indians as a foul ball was actually called a wild pitch, allowing two runs to score for the Tribe