Before we get to today’s links, in case you missed it: Brad Miller appeared on MLB Network’s Hot Stove to talk about Clemson before they took the field in Tampa and won the College Football Championship. He also discusses his first season with the Rays.
Miller did indeed go to the game, and brought Mikie Mahtook along for the game.
Clemson alum Brad Miller recruits another Tiger fan for the night in @mikiemahtook8. #NationalChampionship pic.twitter.com/EQ4JmNq8Oh— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) January 10, 2017
- A Jason Hanselman player profile is always worth a read, and this time he takes a look at what Colby Rasmus brings to the Rays.
- The Rays could/should still add another right-handed bat to the lineup, and so long as Jose Bautista is unsigned the dream of a Joey Bats to the Rays deal will be alive in our hearts. Henry Druschel at Beyond the Box Score takes a look at how much money Bautista could be losing the longer he remains unsigned.
- Dave Cameron at Fangraphs looks at the possible over-correction in the market for offense.
- Rays longtime trade buddies, the Seattle Mariners, have had an interesting offseason. Patrick Dubuque at Baseball Prospectus has a neat breakdown of what the M’s upcoming season could look like, and the rather bleak future ahead.
- Scott Ferkovich at Hardball Times asks the question, “where did the .300 hitting ball club go?”. For extra fun: before clicking, try and guess which year was the last team that hit .300.