Oh boy, this was an exciting week for the Rays front office. In a flash, the team has added a veteran bat, exciting prospects, and bolstered the outfield defense.
Rays General Manager, Erik Neander stopped by to talk with Neil Solondz and Andy Freed about all the moves this week.
- Jason Hanselman has been a player profile machine, this time breaking down the electric Mallex Smith.
- Travis Sawchik at Fangraphs discusses the all of a sudden super crowded Rays outfield.
- Also at Fangraphs, Eric Longenhagen takes a closer look at the new prospects acquired by both the Braves and Rays.
- Drew Smyly texted the Tampa Bay Times on his reaction to the trade and his reflection on his time with the Rays.
- Souza and KK discuss who would win in a 40 yard dash.
- Finally, the San Diego Chargers are moving to Los Angeles, and released a promo logo for their new city and it went over hilariously poorly. The Montgomery Biscuits are always on point in their twitter game jumped into the fun:
We're not ones to fall behind the times. pic.twitter.com/IUuKvO2KUk— Montgomery Biscuits (@BiscuitBaseball) January 12, 2017
But the best tweet has to go to the Lightning: