- The Rays’ development camp got started. From Topkin, here’s a list of who was invited.
- Here are pictures from camp.
Some rising #Rays players got a little work in at the Trop today as part of our Winter Development Program. pic.twitter.com/m4EWZAlmLS— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) January 16, 2017
- Bill Chastain wrote about top prospect Willy Adames, and the article includes good video of Adames speaking.
- Steve Kinsella summed up the offseason.
- Chris Anders calculates “expected home run percentage” with Statcast data. Steven Souza Jr. has one of the biggest mismatches between his expected home runs and actual home runs.
- Tony Blengino thinks Kevin Kiermaier’s offense has some risk attached to it.
- Shawn Brody and Mark Davidson talk about what it’s like to have Tommy John surgery.
- Comparing relocation in MLB and NFL.
- The Padres seem to be working out a long-term deal with former-Ray Wil Myers.
- Toronto seems close to resigning Jose Bautista (for more than the qualifying offer, which is interesting).
Who has the highest career popup rate in Rays history?
Hint: There may be a clue in one of the linked articles.
Click here when you want to see the answer.