- Five questions the Rays face in 2017
- 27 Outs Baseball interveiwed recent Rays acquisition, Dalton Kelly
- Blake Snell has spent the off-season coaching his high school basketball team
- The Minnesota Twins are asking teams to submit their final offers for Brian Dozier
- The stories that caught everyones’ attention this past year, but went away fairly quickly
2007 - The Rays acquired Brendan Harris from the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for cash considerations. He’d go on to have a career for the Rays, accruing over 2 fWAR, then in November, the Rays flipped him along with Delmon Young to Minnesota in the trade that netted Matt Garza and Jason Bartlett.
In November, Mark Suleymanov interviewed for Harris about his Devil Rays days
The answer to Wednesday’s trivia was Jose Bautista
Name the former/current Rays player based on an excerpt from Baseball America
His four-seam fastball tops out at 89 mph, but both it and his lively two-seamer play above-average because of his command. His plus curveball comes in two varieties, one he can bury in the dirt for a strikeout and another he throws for strikes. His splitter elicits swings-and-misses because it closely resembles his two-seamer. He also uses a fosh changeup. He's not afraid to throw inside, but [Prospect] needs to do so more often. He can rely too much on his curveball at times. His bulldog nature is often an asset, though he sometimes loses control of his emotions. His feel for pitching and heart could make him a middle-of-the-rotation starter.
Hint - Never ranked in the top 10 of his organization, but was ranked 11th in the mid-2000’s in his system