- Here’s Neil Solondz with a thoughtful, considered, morning(s)-after reaction to the Logan Forsythe trade.
- Austin Yamada, at Beyond the Box Score, likes the Forsythe-De Leon deal for the Rays, saying that “The Dodgers may have overrated a perennially underrated player.”
- Joe Saunders, at The Process Report, analyzed Jose De Leon.
- Marc Topkin collected quotes from Logan Forsythe about his time in Tampa Bay.
- Some changes to this year’s FanFest.
- Here’s a bit of no news on Alex Colome.
Source: #Rays continue to draw interest in Colome, but no urgency to move him. Not eligible for arbitration until next off-season.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 25, 2017
- The Philies signed former-Ray Ryan Hanigan to a minor-league deal.
- Wait, what!?! There’s a link between jetlag and performance? (but it’s good to do studies, and not assume)
This trivia is going to be stolen. Over at MLB.com, Mike Petriello wrote an article about the best putaway pitches. He looked specifically at whiffs-per-swing last season, with a minimum of 100 pitches of that type thrown.
A number of Rays and former-Rays appeared in his top-5s. Can you name them?
For the changeup, #2 is a current Ray, and #3 and #4 are both former-Rays.
For the cutter, both #1 and #2 are current Rays.
For the slider, #4 is a current Ray.
When you’ve thought it over, here’s the article.