- Yankees win a game, thanks in large part to their stadium. New York got on the board early with a 3 run “HR” from Todd Frazier. Frazier was fooled by a pretty well located Charlie Morton pitch, diving out of the zone. This is his follow through on his opposite field HR:
But sure, people like to mock the Trop and our Catwalks.
- Dave Cameron at Fangraphs writes about Joe Maddon’s rough night of really bad game management.
- Speaking of Joe Maddon’s Cubs, Grant Brisbee breaks down the Cubs big weak spot: the Bullpen (if John lackey giving up a walkoff homer isn’t a sign of a not great bullpen, I don’t know what is).
- John Sickels at Minor League Ball pits Willy Adames against Franklin Barreto.
- Viva El Birdos took a shot at what it might take to trade for Chris Archer. The community seems a bit more reasonable at their expectations of cost. This gay/gal gets it:
Think of what you would want for Carlos Martinez
That’s pretty much what it would take for Archer.
- 2nd round pick, RHP Michael Mercado, was impressive at instructs.
- There is a Sports Science Internship recently posted for the Tampa Bay Rays
- Tracy Ringoslby at Baseball America takes a look at how expansion could change some logistics in baseball (realignment, longer postseason)
- Neat article from Zach Crizer at Baseball Prospectus about whether Contact hitting is making a comeback.