It will be the former head of the Rays front office in the World Series, not the former manager, ans Zach Kram writes that maybe all those articles about the coming dynasty in Chicago were premature.
However you may feel about Friedman, Rays fans, I think it’s pretty easy to root for Clayton Kershaw, who has been the greatest pitcher of this generation. The best players should at least make it to the biggest stage sometime in their career.
- Steve Kinsella wrote about what the Rays should do with Brad Miller—do you think they should tender him a contract?
- Speaking of second base, where has the league-wide surge in home runs come from? Beyond the Box Score broke it down by position.
- Charlie Montoya is said to not be in the mix for the Mets managerial job.
- Danny’s been killing it with stadium site articles, so if you haven’t read about Westshore and Tampa Park, do so.
- Yesterday was “Spirit Day” a campaign against bullying, in support of LGBTQ youth. The Rays “went purple,” and also tweeted about how they have joined the brief in support of legal workplace protection for LGBTQ people in the Evans v. Georgia Regional Hospital case.
- Zach Crizer made an extremely entertaining close reading of pitchers batting.
- And finally, Kiri Oller, over at The Hardball Times, combined a baseball interview with a childhood story, and it’s weird and wonderful.