On Saturday night, the Houston Astros defeated the New York Yankees in game seven of the ALCS to clinch the American League Championship and punched their ticket to the World Series where they’ll take on the National League Champions, the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The series is set to begin Tuesday night with Dallas Kuechel taking the mound for Houston and Clayton Kershaw going for the Dodgers.
- Baseball America recapped all of the minor league moves over the first two weeks of October. Taylor Featherston and Shane Peterson became free agents and the Mariners sent Osmy Gregorio to the Rays to complete the Ryan Garton deal.
- A couple of former Devil Rays moves going on as the New York Mets hired Mickey Callaway to be their new manager. Meanwhile, the Chicago Cubs announced that pitching coach, Chris Bosio, will not be returning with the club in 2018.
- With the opening in Chicago, the Cubs will likely chase after Jim Hickey. Bleed Cubbie Blue wants it done.
- The Boston Red Sox managerial search was brief as they announced they’ve hired Alex Cora as their manager
- Five moves the Rays could look to be making this off-season, with dealing Corey Dickerson being possible trade bait
Some nostalgia for ya