So...how about yesterday?
On Monday afternoon, the Rays made a shocking announcement that Tom Foley would be leaving the major league coaching staff. He had been serving as the bench coach and was formerly the third base coach, he has been on the Rays major league coaching staff since 2002.
Now, yesterday, the Rays made another shocking announcement as they announced Jim Hickey would not be returning as the team’s pitching coach, a position he has held since 2007.
In their places the Rays will make Charlie Montoyo the new bench coach and Kyle Snyder will take over the pitching coach duties.
- Alex Cobb, Jake Odorizzi, and Chris Archer give their take on Jim Hickey
- The was some actual baseball being played last night, with the New York Yankees defeating the Minnesota Twins take the American League Wild Card and advance to the ALDS.
- During that game, Gary Sanchez took a foul ball to a very unfortunate area, and his pitcher let everyone know how bad it looked
- The Atlanta Braves are under a microscope after their GM resigned amid allegations of some scandalous ventures on the international market
- Derek Jeter, and his group, officially took ownership of the Miami Marlins