The punishment has finally been handed out to the Atlanta Braves for their scandal involving the international free agent market, and the penalties are very steep.
- 10 prospects that were signed have had their contracts voided, making them international free agents again.
- $10K signing cap during next international signing period
- Forfeit 3rd round pick in 2018 draft
- Former GM, John Coppolella, banned from the game forever
Also from around the league
- The spring training schedules are out, the Rays will play their first games on February 23rd against the Pirates and Orioles
- Baseball America ranks the prospects that had to be given up by the Braves, the Rays will surely be interested in some of them.
- The American League Rookie of the Year, Aaron Judge, underwent shoulder surgery but is expected to be ready by spring training
- The MLB Players Union and Nippon Professional Baseball finally agreed to a posting decision, allowing phenom, Shohei Otani to come stateside
- To get further hyped for Otani, here are some of his highlights from his time in Japan
- Joe Morgan wrote a letter to the BBWAA about why they shouldn’t allow PED users into the Hall of Fame...the letter is seeming to have the opposite effect on the voters.