The slow MLB off-season continues. The dominoes of Giancarlo Stanton and Shohei Ohtani finally came crashing down prior to the winter meetings, leading many to believe it would cause the market to finally escalate, but thus far, it hasn’t (unless you’re a reliever, then it has).
There has still been only one major league deal given out to a position player free agent thus far this late into the off-season.
Now it seems that Manny Machado may be the player that’s holding up the market as he is easily the best player being made available, but even with just one year left on his contract, the Orioles asking price is said to be extremely high and rightfully so.
- There actually was a pretty huge deal over the weekend with the Atlanta Braves sending OF Matt Kemp to the Los Angeles Dodgers for LHP Scott Kazmir, RHP Brandon McCarthy, 1B Adrian Gonzalez, OF Charlie Culberson in a straight up salary dumping of a deal for both teams.
- Adrian Gonzalez was designated for assignment following the deal’s completion, he’ll become a free agent
- If a Manny Machado deal does happen, Ken Rosenthal says look for it to happen this week
- Matt Moore’s tenure with the San Francisco Giants is over as he has been traded to the Texas Rangers
- Add the Philadelphia Phillies to the teams interested in Chris Archer
- What do you see?