Baseball is coming.
It’s on the horizon, so close it’s almost here. Can’t you feel it? Just look at this tweet from the Rays!
That’s a clean base.
The Rays Radio roundup from yesterday has audio from Kevin Kiermaier, talking about goals. Lots of goals, but he wants to stay healthy and get on base.
You can find their day 3 logs here.
- Matthew Trueblood analyzed Corey Dickerson, and found him to be very weird.
- Dave Cameron ranked his top 10 Best 2017 transactions of the offseason. The Rays make both the Honorable Mention list and hold the #2 spot on Dave’s rankings.
- Commissioner Rob Manfred discusses the Rays progress towards building a new stadium.
- How should the Rays set their lineup and what should you expect from it? Jason Hanselman has it covered.
- The Mariners threw a ton of first-pitches right down the middle and got hit hard for it. The Rays also did, and weren’t hit hard. What gives?
- Rays Radio profiled Ryan Yarbrough.
- Dave Cameron ranked the best transactions of the offseason, giving the Rays the #2 spot for their acquisition of Jose De Leon at the cost of Logan Forsythe.
- Bill Chastain talked to and wrote about new Rays pitching prospect Jose De Leon.
- Ex-Ray Kevin Jepsen signed a minor league deal.
- Some old baseball films are very strange.
- San Diego Padres relief pitcher Carter Capps changed his delivery and it’s still weird, and probably sorta against the rules.
- John Larue of The Hardball Times takes a look at the ever homogenizing MLB ballpark. When the Rays do get a new stadium, I do hope to see a return to the past of creative stadium designs and dimensions, as well as a look to the future for some more creative stadium designs.