- The Seattle Mariners made another trade yesterday (37th since Jerry Dipoto took things over), as they sent catcher Jesus Sucre to the Rays for a Player to be Named Later.
- The Rays have installed a new artificial turf to Tropicana Field which should hopefully look and feel better to those watching and working on the field.
- Scott Boras is trying desperately to land Matt Wieters a decent gig somewhere, comparing the veteran catcher to Carlton Fisk. Ken Rosenthal wrote a long piece on Wieters and eight teams who could sign him (including the Rays).
- The Rays also announced their weekly ticket promotions they’ll run during the season
- Four Rays could represent the club during the World Baseball Classic as Chris Archer, Jose De Leon, Jose Alvarado, and Alex Colome are all a part of their respective country’s rosters
- Hank Conger is heading to the Arizona Diamondbacks on a minor league deal
- The Minnesota Twins added a southpaw to their bullpen as they reached a deal with Craig Breslow
- MLB is planning a radical rule change, first testing it out in the low levels of the minors this season...starting extra innings with a runner already in scoring position and no outs.
- Also, today is the 12th birthday of Draysbay, so thank you everyone who reads, contributes, and follows the site