- Chris Archer kicked things off for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic last night and he delivered four perfect innings with just 41 pitches. The Rays have him and the rest of their pitchers limited to four innings per appearance in the WBC.
- Prior to that game, but following their actual spring game, the Rays claimed Jumbo Diaz off of waivers from the Cincinnati Reds
- The Rays were defeated yesterday by the Pittsburgh Pirates, but Tim Beckham stayed hot this spring as he hit another HR. Pitching wise, the Rays prospects impressed.
- Rays Radio did a feature on Diego Moreno, who is fighting for one of the open bullpen spots
- A frightening moment from yesterday as Blue Jays pitcher, T.J. House was struck in the head by a line drive. He was down for several minutes before being carted off the field.
- The New York Yankees and Clint Frazier felt his long flowing locks had become too much of a distraction...so they made him cut it
- You may remember Clint Frazier as the guy who did this
The Rays will be on MLB.tv later today as they’ll take on the Boston Red Sox in Fort Myers. Alex Cobb goes to the mound for the Rays at 1pm.