The Rays dropped their fourth spring training game in a row last night as the Pittsburgh Pirates walked off against Ryne Stanek in the ninth inning to win 4-1.
The loss dropped the Rays record on the spring to 6-7-1.
- Outside of Ryne Stanek, the Rays pitching did very well
- Jaime Schultz had a Schultzy type outing as he went two hitless innings, but walked four batters and he also picked up a strikeout
- Hunter Wood retired all seven batters he faced, striking out three of them
- Chih-Wei Hu worked out of trouble a couple of times for two scoreless innings
- Some guy named Jake Bauers just keeps on hitting, kid came completely out of nowhere this spring /sarcasm
- Tim Beckham hit another HR
The Tampa Bay Rays travel to Fort Myers to take on the Boston Red Sox at 1pm. The Red Sox will be broadcasting the game on NESN for those of you with the benefit of MLB.tv, the game can also be heard locally on the Rays Radio station.
Alex Cobb will make his third start of the spring with Jake Faria, Neil Wagner, Jeff Ames, and Diego Moreno expected to follow. Meanwhile, the Rays will get their first look at Chris Sale as a member of the Red Sox.
Starting in the outfield from right to left will be Steven Souza, Kevin Kiermaier, and...Michael McKenry (who has never played a professional game in the outfield before).
Evan Longoria is at third base, with Tim Beckham and Brad Miller playing up the middle. Rickie Weeks Jr is at first base, Jesus Sucre is behind the plate, and Curt Casali will DH.