Over in the Tampa Bay Times, Martin Fennelly wrote that the Rays pitching staff is overrated.
Until they prove that they’re for real.
It really depends how you think people are rating them.
But there are plenty of question marks in the rotation, so let’s say Fennelly has a point.
But let’s talk about paragraph breaks.
I know we write for mobile these days, but this is ridiculous.
Cool it, Fennelly.
Not every line can be a zinger.
Thank goodness for Alex Cobb. At least the quotes he gave forced Fennelly to group more than one sentence together.
There was also a spring training game, where the Rays tied the Phillies 5-5. Steve Kinsella put up a recap, complete with video cut together of Kevin Cash praising Tim Beckham’s outfield defense while Bex fails to make a (admittedly tough) play in left field, turning a carom off the wall into a triple.
The Rays Radio recap has audio from many of the players, including Beckham on that play.
The beat reporters REALLY wanted him to make an excuse. Beckham declined.
- Big news from the Rays camp.
#Rays Eveland said Schultz killed it during morning karaoke competition with Madonna's "Like a Prayer" and "Rose" by Outkast.— Roger Mooney (@RogerMooney50) March 1, 2017
#Rays Schultz beat Chih-Wei Hu in sing-off. Hu knew only one song. "Carolina" by Parmalee— Roger Mooney (@RogerMooney50) March 1, 2017
- Yesterday’s Rays Radio profile was of Jake Bauers, the youngest player in Rays camp. A good 4+ minutes of audio in there.
- Bill Chastain wrote about Jose De Leon, who will start today.
- Chastain also wrote about the progress made by top prospect Wily Adames.
- Zach Crizer wrote a good investigation of Dalla Keuchel’s hard season, and how difficult it is to determine cause and effect.
- Jamie Schultz’s outing got him a blurb in Baseball America.