- Late last night, the Rays agreed to acquire speedy, glove first outfielder Peter Bourjos. The deal is simply for cash, according to Dan Hayes on twitter:
Rays have agreed to acquire Peter Bourjos from #WhiteSox for cash, according to two baseball sources.— Dan Hayes (@CSNHayes) March 28, 2017
Bourjos would give #Rays RH hitting OF they sought capable of backing up in CF. Needed depth with Rasmus opening on DL.— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) March 28, 2017
- The Trop is adding some new food and drink concessions, focusing more on local places instead of national chains.
- Fangraphs’ 2017 Positional Power Rankings are coming in to port with the top 15 in Starting Pitching (spoiler alert: Rays land in the top 10).
- Ex-Hit Show member, Bash Bro, and one of the most entertaining trainwrecks on twitter, Jose Canseco is joining the Oakland A’s TV broadcast as an analyst.
- Henry Druschel at Beyond the Box Score to a look at the league’s response to the defensive shift, now that the novelty is gone.
- The Effectively Wild podcast continues their offseason team preview series, and in the 2nd half of this episode the Rays are up. Be fair warned though: this preview can be quite infuriating.
- Finally, with real baseball just around the corner, MLB have released a hype vid for the upcoming season: