Yesterday went poorly.
Jose De Leon got hit around
Ryan Garton got knocked around
Chase Whitley got mashed
Ryne Stanek got blasted
Kevin Gadea, Austin Pruitt, and Taylor Gurrieri, same story
Jeff Walters did fine?
Anyway the Rays lost 19-2 for the worst spring training defeat in team history, just day after the largest margin of victory in franchise spring history...baseball is
cruel and terrible funny.
- The major news of yesterday was the announcement that David Price will going to see Dr. James Andrews on Saturday for a second opinion on his elbow
- Grand Brisbee took a look back at the history of Dr Andrews’ second opinions
- The Tampa Bay Times embarrassed itself, Danny decided to take them down a peg
- Jose De Leon’s Rays debut went about as badly as it possibly could, but he is ready to move past it
- Fox Sports Sun announced the Rays games (150) they’ll cover in 2017
- MLB announced several rule changes in place for the 2017 season. There will now be a 30 second time limit for a manager to commence a replay challenge
- Here are the rest of the rule changes in store, including one that is supposed to outlaw Carter Capps...except the Padres don’t think so
- Bill Chastain broke down the Rays battle for catcher this spring, omitting Michael McKenry...his wife has yet to tantrum on twitter
- Rays Radio did a feature on Jonah Heim, the catcher the team acquired for Steve Pearce
- Will Blake Snell be able to be the silver lining of the Rays historic 2011 draft class
- Also, this happened
Draysbay Ultimate Movie Championship Results!
It came down to Kevin Costner as a home-run hitting Bull or Kevin Costner as a failing corn farmer, truly a battle of the best.
In the end, Bull Durham won the contest defeating Field of Dreams by 16 votes.
Congrats to Bull Durham and thanks to everyone who took part in the voting!