The Tampa Bay Rays put the ugly 19-2 loss behind them as they beat the Detroit Tigers 5-2. The Rays improve their record to 5-2-1.
- Ryan Yarbrough had a good outing. Two innings, no hits, five strikeouts, and no walks.
- Rickie Weeks Jr. continued his scorching spring going two for two with two doubles, two RBI, and a run scord. Weeks is seven for ten with three doubles, two homers, six RBI, and six runs scored this spring.
- Brad Miller went two for three with a double and two runs scored.
- Alex Colome struck out two of the three batters he faced in his first outing this spring.
- Rays pitchers combined for 15 strikeouts.
The Rays first pitch is scheduled for 1:05 in Port Charlotte. The game will be covered by 620 WDAE and 95.3 FM locally.
Chris Archer gets the start with Blake Snell, Dana Eveland, Tommy Hunter, and Danny Farquhar scheduled to followed.
The Rays are sending out a lineup light on MLB players today. Nick Franklin and Steven Souza Jr. are the only guys that would be considered favorites to make the opening day roster. Jesus Sucre and Michael McKenry are competing to be the second catcher on the opening day roster.
Joe McCarthy and Daniel Robertson headline the minor leaguers in action.
Joe McCarthy, Dayron Varona, and Shane Peterson will cover the outfield from left to right. Jake Hager, Daniel Robertson, Nick Franklin, and Michael McKenry will start in the infield with Jesus Sucre behind the plate. Steven Souza Jr. will be the designated hitter.