In the wake of last night’s wild finish, let’s all take a moment and appreciate Bill Chastain’s headline writing.
Now go over to Rays Baseball and listen to the interview with Austin Pruitt, one of the heroes of the game, after his first Major League win. I’m no voice scout, but that’s the deep baritone of a man who can get big league outs.
And good job, fans:
The Rays are looking to hire a TrackMan operator in Port Charlotte. Unlike some of the other Rays job postings, which carry pretty hefty requirements, this one could definitely be you, no matter who you are. So if this sounds like fun, drop them a line.
But quick question. Why Internet Exlporer? is there a control app for the TrackMan system that only works in IE? Come on, man.
- Jason Hanselman applied his excellent batted ball analysis methods to Matt Andriese, and suggests that Andriese may be cruising for a bruising, and might want to consider living outside the zone a tad more.
- David Laurila interviewed Steven Souza Jr.
- The Rays are about to play Houston. Jeff Sullivan wrote a good feature on Dallas Keuchel.
- There has been much talk about the trend toward hitting more fly balls. Travis Sawchik looked at which batters have added the most to their fly ball percentage this year, and here’s the interesting part: in the top 50 there are no Rays.
- Corey Dickerson on losing weight, getting fast.
- Erasmo Ramirez will start today.
- Experimental, immersive theater in a baseball stadium??? I am sorely tempted to hop the next train to Minneapolis.
- Ex-Ray Logan Forsythe has a fractured toe.
- The Red Sox are slowing ex-Ray David Price’s rehabilitation program.