News and Links
- Well that was a disappointing loss. Matt Andriese pitched a decent game, and the bullpen did a solid job of backing him up. It was a tight one run game until Jesus Sucre failed to catch an errant pitch from Alex Colome that allowed a runner to move from second to third, who would ultimately score on a sacrifice fly. Ryan Garton allowed two runs in the 10th and the Rays would fall, 6-4. Brad Miller had two hits, including a triple, while Steven Souza continued his hot start as hit drilled his 4th HR of the season.
- Happy birthday to Steven Souza by the way
- The Rays now will travel to Baltimore to take on the Orioles in a three game series, with the first game being tonight at 7. Conditions don’t seem too favorable though as there is a 70% of rain tonight.
- Mike Franco may be the next pitcher in Rays breakout pitching prospects lure as he is off to a fantastic start in Double-A Montgomery
- Fresh off getting swept by the Trop and the Rays, the Detroit Tigers found themselves enveloped in a brawl in Minnesota
- The Orioles and Red Sox also got into this weekend after Manny Machado spiked Dustin Pedroia, Matt Barnes threw behind the head of the Orioles star.
- The Cincinnati Reds targeted some Cubs fans on their jumbotron
- Madison Bumgarner injured his shoulder in a dirt bike accident and now he’ll be out for most of the season
- The five players who matter the most in the American League East (the entire Rays lineup counts as one player)