- Jake Odorizzi will take the mound later today for Game 2 of the Rays year. Roger Mooney of the Tampa Bay Times pulls some quotes from and about Odo as he begins his 2017 campaign.
- Also from the Times, Martin Fennelly wonders if Logan Morrison can be a breakout guy this year, beyond just Mr Opening day. From LoMo himself,
"If I had 162 games like this, I'd be a Hall of Famer and a really rich man."
- The Rays official Twitter account had a great recap video of the tremendous opening day at the Trop:
- If you are so inclined, throw some votes and love towards Archie
- Austin Pruitt didn’t have the best debut for his big league career (though he certainly was struck by the BABIP dragon), but he is no stranger to being an underdog.
- Longo really likes Norris’s beard:
- At the Great American Ball Park they are adding advanced stats to the jumbotron (Hat tip to Reddit user u/ndjolt02 for the photo)
- With the Padres deploying Christian Bethancourt as a backup Catcher/Center Fielder and Relief Pitcher, Eno Sarris at FanGraphs takes a look into the past and future of two-way players.
- Today: T-Mobile is offering a free year subscription to MLB.tv again to their customers.