- Late in the wild, whacky, and pretty fun game 1 of this Cleveland series, Logan Morrison made a pretty nice play reaching into the stands. LoMo played a claw-glame while reaching for the foul ball, and came away with two prizes!
- Erasmo Ramirez is going back to the starting rotation, slotting into Blake Snell’s spot. Hopefully he’ll be the ErACEmo we need!
- Yonny Chirinos had himself a great week in Durham, and has earned International League Player of the Week honors:
JUST ANNOUNCED: Yonny Chirinos named IL Pitcher of the Week after going 2-0, including a CG shutout.— Durham Bulls (@DurhamBulls) May 15, 2017
Read: https://t.co/OsZOEQgj4T pic.twitter.com/yiLCmNXOmb
- After Kevin Kiermaier did some super not Kevin Kiermaier type things, the “Y” word was starting to get uttered around. Seems like a good enough time to dive into The Hardball Times and their interesting look into the Yips.
- Ben Lindburgh, of the Ringer and Effectively Wild fame, has been on a personal crusade to uncover the reason behind the high HR rates of the 2017 season, and is firmly in the “Juiced Ball” camp. Travis Sawchik at Fangraphs tries to come up with some alternate reasons for such high HR rates so far, not related to “juiced-balls”.
- Chris Archer had a pretty rough start yesterday in Cleveland. Jake Arrieta has had a pretty rough 2017.
- Bryce Harper and the Washington Nationals agreed on a massive 1 year deal for Harper’s final arbitraion year. This is just the prelude to what could be an absolute offseason breaking mega deal after 2018.