Yesterday afternoon, the Toronto Blue Jays took their second consecutive series victory over the Rays as they defeated them, 2-1. Alex Cobb was tremendous, going eight innings and only allowed those two runs to cross, but the Rays offense couldn’t cash in on several opportunities leading to the loss.
The loss dropped the Rays below .500 once again this season as they continue to dance with a winning record. The Blue Jays improved to 11-20, with five of those victories coming against the Rays.
The Rays will now welcome in the Kansas City Royals for a four game set with Blake Snell set to take on former Ray, Nate Karns tonight.
- Voting for the 2017 All-Star Game has begun
- Bill Chastain answers another round of Rays questions on their official site
- Steve Kinsella checks out some of the Rays top performing minor leaguers over the first month of the season
- The New York Mets are the soap opera of baseball. They have suspended Matt Harvey due to the pitcher not showing up for a game
- This poor, poor umpire was drilled with a pitch in the groin
- Doug Fister is still a free agent, he’ll be putting on a showcase for four teams