The Rays kept to their winning ways last night as Jacob Faria provided another solid performance to follow up his major league debut while the offense put up eight runs. Logan Morrison blasted his 18th home run of the season and is now tied for 2nd in the AL in home runs. Taylor Featherston and Corey Dickerson would also homer for the Rays.
Faria for his part, pitched an out into the seventh inning and allowed a run on six hits while he racked up eight strikeouts. Austin Pruitt would close things out, pitching final three innings.
The Rays improved to 35-32 and are now five and a half games back of the New York Yankees in the division. However, the Rays are now in sole possession of the second wild card spot, as they have a one game lead over the Cleveland Indians.
- Wilson Ramos rehabbed with the Durham Bulls last night. Ramos blasted his first HR of the season.
- A recap of the Rays second day of the MLB Draft
- Jake Odorizzi goes to the mound tonight for the Rays as they’ll look to complete a two game sweep
- Who are the Rays best late round selections (11th round or later)
- Tim Beckham sat out last night’s game with a sore knee. Matt Duffy will go back to see the doctor who performed his surgery last September.
- The Boston Red Sox may pursue Jhonny Peralta, the veteran short stop was released by the St. Louis Cardinals a few days ago