Blake Snell’s first start after a stint in Durham wasn’t great, and Mark Topkin has the recap and quotes.
"It's unacceptable,'' [Snell] said. "Trying to be way too cute when I need to do what I was doing in Durham.
"I've got to control the zone. For me to be successful I've got to control the zone. You can't allow five walks and expect to win. It's just not going to happen.
It’s Box(burger)ing day.
The #Rays will activate RHP Brad Boxberger before tomorrow's game. RHP Danny Farquhar has been DFA.— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) June 29, 2017
- Before yesterday’s game, umpire John Tumpane saw a woman preparing to jump from the Robert Clemente bridge. He, along with other passersby including Rays broadcasting director Larry McCabe, held on and talked to her until emergency personnel arrived.
- Today is the last day of All-Star voting. Corey Dickerson, Logan Morrison and (?)Tim Beckham(?) still need your help.
- Jason Rollison wrote about the three keys to the Rays success.
- A check-in on contact and launch angles.
- Craig Edwards investigated the affect of sprint speed, and found that it helps players be better baserunners. Sometimes science is boring. Still good to check.
- Former Rays catching prospect and Rule 5 pick Oscar Hernandez was designated for assignment by the Diamondbacks and cleared waivers.