- Marc Topkic wonders which version of the Rays is the real one. Topkin really lays into the “defensive lapses”, like a dog with a bone. He also focused on how Brad Miller is not the guy who “swatted 30 HRs”, but one with a bad batting average, and counting stats.
- We are under a week away from the Draft, and the mock draft season is in full effect. The latest one out of MLB.com has the Rays selecting Louisville 1B/RHP Brendan McKay.
- Possible Rays draft picks, Tim Beckham, and trade targets are among the sample of the questions from this weeks Bill Chastain mailbag.
- Montgomery Biscuits 1B Joe McCarthy (aka the Red Scare) earned a place on Jonathan Mayo’s Prospect Team of the Week.
- Brad Boxberger and Wilson Ramos rehabbed last night with the Charlotte Stone Crabs:
- Boxberger had a very encouraging outing, throwing as many strikeouts as balls (3):
#Rays Boxberger strikes out side in B1. 14 pitches/11 for strikes— Roger Mooney (@RogerMooney50) June 5, 2017
- And Wilson Ramos:
- And on the subject of Ramos, interesting tidbit from Max Scherzer:
Scherzer didn’t think added emphasis on high fastballs came from more curves. Said it was Wilson Ramos (6’1”, 235) vs Alex Avila (5’11” 210) pic.twitter.com/0G1y0Ug2uj— Eno Sarris (@enosarris) June 5, 2017
- The Angels fan who caught Albert Pujols 600th HR ball is giving it back, for free.