Yesterday was a fun way to cap off the first half of the 2017 season for Rays fans.
Chris Archer was excellent in a solid pitching duel with former Rays ace, David Price. Unfortunately, Archer gave up a two run homer late to give Boston the lead, but the Rays offense was able to come back against a very good Boston bullpen to tie the game.
Brad Miller in his third game back, provided the big blow as he blasted a two run, eighth inning home run to give the Rays a 5-3 lead. Alex Colome would lock it down to give the Rays a series victory over the American League East division leaders.
Meanwhile in the Futures Game, Brent Honeywell was amazing as he displayed all of his exceptional pitches and he just baffled some of the top prospects in the game. He pitched two scoreless innings and racked up four strikeouts. For his efforts, he was named the Futures Game MVP.
- Lucius Fox was the other Rays prospect to represent the Rays in Miami, our own Brett Phillips had some tremendous reporting about him
Get to know Rays prospect Lucius Fox - one of two Rays players to participate in today's Futures Game. pic.twitter.com/RgIoT4Acar— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) July 10, 2017
- Honeywell became the first pitcher to win the Futures Game MVP...I mean just check out his screwball, it’s ridiculous and the fact that he has other very good pitches just isn’t fair
- The Home Run Derby takes place tonight, get prepared for it
- If there were an Expansion Draft, who would you protect on the Rays? Chris Cotillo broke it down for each team
- The Boston Red Sox have a problem at third base, they’re looking at the Miami Marlins to solve this issue