Brent Honeywell stole the attention in the Futures Game, but Willy Adames would like you to not forget about him.
“It’s the onesie you’ve been waiting for.”
- Roger Mooney wrote a long, artsy profile of Steven Souza Jr. Worth your time.
- Jason Hanselman looked closely at Tim Beckham (exit velo/launch angle stuff), and says that he could use some well-deserved rest.
- Per Topkin, the Rays representatives had fun at the MLB All-Star game.
- Of more potential import, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said that Tampa Bay is a viable baseball market, and “better than the alternatives.” Meaning that it’s worth MLB’s time to wait and give the team and the area time to figure out how to get a new stadium.
- The Rays are not likely to figure in any trades of this type, but Morosi went over the top hitters available this trading season, and the teams shopping.
- Travis Sawchik speculates that Aaron Judge’s adjustments to his swing last offseason could change the way MLB talent evaluators think about tall players.
- Jan Moffett on baseball in Miami.
- Baseball Prospectus made a list of top prospects who have busted. The Rays make the list at number three! Can you guess who?