Baseball can be a real grind. Many games in a row, no breaks, off days few and far between. But when they do come, I’m sure they are a blessing for the players.
As for us fans? It’s the worst.
- The Rays are giving away a DJ Kitty onesie this Saturday. It’s tremendous, and definitely worthy of leading the Tank’s news today (and I really want one, and need one in my life):
- Brendan McKay launched his first HR as a pro. And it was an absolute bomb!
The announcer seems about as excited to watch baseball as one would be to settle in for the evening and watch the TV Guide channel for a few hours.
- Brendan McKay the pitcher might be making his first appearance as a pro in that capacity next weekend:
- Steven Souza Jr and the Rays had a bit of a health scare, but things are looking up as an MRI has come back clean.
- I have thrown a lot of shade at Roger Mooney over the years, but he does write some great character pieces on athletes. This time, the focus is on a little known but fascinating story of Dylan Delso’s attempt at coming back to baseball.
- Travis Sawchik at Fangraphs writes about how the Rays are in a position to “buy” and they absolutely should to push them over the top in their playoff push.